A VERY WARM WELCOME VISITORS

Sunday, December 21, 2014

Part 3: Brief Survey: Was Prophet (sal Allau alayhi wasallam) given the Knowledge of Unseen?




From the Layman’s Desk: Islamic Article No.18:

Part 3: A Brief Survey: Was Prophet (sal Allau alayhi wasallam) given the Knowledge of Unseen?

In the Name of Allah, Most Beneficent, Most Merciful.


Praise be to Allah, Lord of all the worlds, and blessings and peace of Allah upon His Prophet and Messenger Muhammad (sal Allahu alayhi wasallam), his Family and all his Companions.

Coming to the ahadith regarding the Unseen Knowledge, bestowed on the Huzoor-e-Akram, Noor-e-Mujassam (sal Allahu alayhi wasallam) we shall cite some of them as below:
From Imam Bukhari (reh.):
1. Ask me anything:
Narrated Anas bin Malik(Razi Allahu anhu): Allah’s Apostle came out as the sun declined at midday and offered the Zuhr prayer. He then stood on the pulpit and spoke about the Hour (Day of Judgment) and said that in it there would be tremendous things. He then said, 'Whoever likes to ask me about anything he can do so and I shall reply as long asI am at this place of mine.' Most of the people wept and the Prophet said repeatedly, “Ask me.” Abdullah bin Hudhafa As-Sahmi stood up and said, “Who is my father?” The Prophet said,”Your father is Hudhaifa.” The Prophet repeatedly said, “Ask me.” Then Umar knelt before him and said, “We are pleased with Allah as our Lord, Islam as our religion, and Muhammad as our Prophet.” The Prophet then became quiet and said,”Paradise and Hellfire were displayed in front of me on this wall just now and I have never seen a better thing (than the former) and a worse thing (than the latter).” (Volume 1, Book 10,Number 515 )
2.Beginning to the end :
Narrated by Imran bin Husain (Razi Allahu anhu): Narrated ‘Umar: One day the Prophet stood up amongst us for along period and informed us about the beginning of creation (and talked about everything in detail) till he mentioned how the people of Paradise will enter their places and the people of Hell will enter their places. Some remembered what he had said, and some forgot it. (Volume 4, Book 54, Number 414 )
3.Beginning to the end and everything:
Narrated by Hudhaifa(Razi Allahu anhu):The Prophet once delivered a speech in front of us wherein he left nothing but mentioned (about) everything that would happen till the Hour. Some of us stored that our minds and some forgot it. (After that speech) I used to see events taking place (which had been referred to in that speech) but I had forgotten them (before their occurrence). Then I would recognize such events as a man recognizes another man who has been absent and then sees and recognizes him. (Volume 8,Book 77, Number 601 )
4. I have seen everything from here:
Narrated by Fatima bint AlMundhir(Razi Allahu anhu): Asma’ bint Al Bakr said, “I came to ‘Aisha the wife of the Prophet (p.b.u.h) during the solar eclipse. The people were standing and offering the prayer and she was also praying too.I asked her, ‘What has happened to the people?’ She pointed out with her hand towards the sky and said, ‘SubhanAllah’. I said,’Is there a sign?’ She pointed out in the affirmative.” Asma’further said, “I too then stood up for the prayer till I fainted and then poured water on my head. When Allah’s Apostle had finished his prayer, he thanked and praised Allah and said, ‘I have seen at this place of mine what I have never seen even in Paradise and Hell.’(Volume 2, Book 18, Number 162)
5. Seeing battle field from Madinah Munawwara:
Narrated by Anas (Razi Allahu anhu):  The Prophet had informed the people of the martyrdom of Zaid, Ja’far and Ibn Rawaha before the news of their death reached them. The Prophet said, “Zaid took the flag (as the commander of the army) and was martyred, then Ja’far took it and was martyred, and then Ibn Rawaha took it and was martyred.” At that time the Prophet’s eyes were shedding tears. He added, “Then the flag was taken by a Sword amongst the Swords of Allah (i.e. Khalid) and Allah made them (i.e. the Muslims) victorious.” (Volume 5, Book 59, Number 561)
6. Knowledge of what is inside grave:
Narrated by Ibn ‘Abbas(Razi Allahu anhu): Once the Prophet, while passing through one of the graveyards of Medina or Mecca heard the voices of two persons who were being tortured in their graves. The Prophet said, “These two persons are being tortured not for a major sin (to avoid).”The Prophet then added, “Yes! (they are being tortured for amajor sin). Indeed, one of them never saved himself from being soiled with his urine while the other used to go about with calumnies (to make enmiy between friends). The Prophet then asked for a green leaf of a date palm tree, broke it into two pieces and put one on each grave. On being asked why he had done so, he replied, “I hope that their torture might be lessened,till these get dried.”( Volume 1, Book 4, Number 215 )
7.  I see you from behind my back as I see from front:
Narrated by Anas bin Malik (Razi Allahu anhu):The Prophet said, “Perform the bowing and the prostrations properly. By Allah, I see you from behind me (or from behind my back) when you bow or prostrate.” (Volume 1, Book 12, Number 709)
8. Submissiveness (which is deep in the heart) is not hidden from Prophet Muhammad (Sal Allahu alayhi wasallam):
Narrated by Abu Huraira(Razi Allahu anhu):Allah’s Apostle said, “You see me facing the Qibla; but, by Allah, nothing is hidden from me regarding your bowing and submissiveness and I see you from behind my back.” (Volume 1,Book 12, Number 708)
9. Seeing Hauz-e-Kausar from puplit:
Narrated by ‘Uqba bin ‘Amir(Razi Allahu anhu):One day the Prophet went out and offered the funeral prayersof the martyrs of Uhud and then went up the pulpit and said, “I will pave the way for you as your predecessor and will be a witness on you. By Allah! I see my Fount (Kauthar) just now and I have been given the keys of all the treasures of the earth (or the keys of the earth). By Allah! I am not afraid that you will worship others along with Allah after my death, but I am afraid that you will fight with one another for the worldly things.”(Volume 2, Book 23, Number 428)

10. Foretelling victory: Narrated Sahl bin Sad (Razi Allahu anhu):  On the day of Khaibar, Allah’s Apostle said, “Tomorrow I will give this flag to a man through whose hands Allah will give us victory. He loves Allah and His Apostle, and he is loved by Allah and His Apostle.” The people remained that night, wondering as to who would be given it. In the morning the people went to Allah’s Apostle and everyone of them was hopeful to receive it(i.e. the flag). The Prophet said, “Where is Ali bin Abi Talib?” It was said, “He is suffering from eye trouble O Allah’s Apostle.”He said, “Send for him.” ‘Ali was brought and Allah’s Apostle spat in his eye and invoked good upon him. So ‘Ali was cured as if he never had any trouble. Then the Prophet gave him the flag. ‘Ali said “O Allah’s Apostle! I will fight with them till they become like us.” Allah’s Apostle said, “Proceed and do not hurry. When you enter their territory, call them to embrace Islam and inform them of Allah’s Rights which they should observe, for by Allah, even if a single man is led on the right path (of Islam) by Allah through you, then that will be better for you than the nice red camels. (Volume 5, Book 59, Number 521)
11. Foretelling events: It is related that Abu Huraira(Razi Allahu anhu):said, “The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, put me in charge of guarding the zakat of Ramadan. Someone came to me and began to take handful of food. I grabbed him and said, ‘By Allah, I will take you to the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace!’ He said, ‘I am needy and have a large family and I am in dire need.' He said, “I let him go and in the morning the Prophet,may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, ‘Abu Huraira,what did you do with your prisoner yesterday?' He said, “I said, O Messenger of Allah, he complained of dire need and a large family, so I showed mercy to him and let him go on his way.' He said, ‘He lied to you and he will come back.’ So, from the words of the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace,‘he will come back', I knew that he would come back. Therefore, I lay in wait for him and he came and once more began to take handful of food. I seized him and said, ‘I will take you to the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace!’ He said, ‘Let me go. I am in need and have a large family. I will not come back again.’ I had mercy on him and let him go his way. In the morning the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said to me,’Abu Huraira, what did you do with your prisoner yesterday?’ I said, ‘Messenger of Allah, he complained of dire need and alarge family, so I showed mercy to him and let him go on his way.’ He said, ‘He lied to you and he will come back.’ So I lay in wait for him a third time and he came and began to take handful of food. I grabbed him and said, ‘I will take you to the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace! This is the third time. You claimed you would not come back and then you came back.’ He said, ‘Let me go. I will teach you some words which will help you with Allah.’ I said, ‘What are they?’ He said, ‘When you go to bed, recite the Throne Verse, ”Allah, there is no god but Him, the Living, the Self-Sustaining…” to the end of the ayat. You will have someone guarding over you from Allah and shaytan will not come near you until morning.’ So I let him go his way. In the morning, the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace,said to me, ‘What did you do with your prisoner yesterday?’ I said, ‘Messenger of Allah, he claimed that he would teach me some words which would help me with Allah, so I let him go his way.’ He said, ‘What are they?’ I said, ‘He said to me, “When you go to bed, recite the Throne Verse to the end: ‘Allah, there is no god but Him, the Living, the Self-Sustaining’.” He said to me,”You will have someone guarding over you from Allah and shaytan will not come near you until morning.”‘ (They were exceedingly eager for good.) The Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, “He told you the truth even though he is a liar. Do you know whom you were speaking with on these three days, Abu Huraira?'” He said, “No.” The Prophets said, “It was Shaytan.” (Volume 3, Book 38, Number 505)
12. Foretelling his demise: Narrated ‘Aisha(Razi Allahu anhu): The Prophet in his fatal illness, called his daughter Fatima and told her a secret because of which she started weeping. Then he called her and told her another secret, and she started laughing. When I asked her about that, she replied, The Prophet told me that he would rest in grave after his fatal illness, and so I wept, but then he secretly told me that from amongst his family, I would be the first to join him, and so I laughed.” (Volume 4, Book 56, Number 820)
13.  Foretelling the demise of Mother of believers: Narrated ‘Aisha (Razi Allahu anhuma): Some of the wives of the Prophet asked him, “Who amongst us will be the first to follow you (i.e. die after you)?” He said,”Whoever has the longest hand.” So they started measuring their hands with a stick and Sauda’s hand turned out to be the longest. (When Zainab bint Jahsh died first of all in the caliphate of ‘Umar), we came to know that the long hand was a symbol of practicing charity, so she was the first to follow the Prophet and she loved to practice charity. (Sauda died later in the caliphate of Muawiya). (Volume 2, Book 24, Number 501)
14.  Foretelling the martyrdom of Hazrath Ammar (Razia allahu anhu): It is related from ‘Ikrima, (Razi Allahu anhu): ”Ibn ‘Abbas said to me and his son ‘Ali, ‘Go to Abu Sa’id and listen to some of his hadith.’ We went and he was doing some work in a garden. He took his cloak and sat down, wrapping his legs with it, and then began to tell us hadiths until he reached the account of the construction of the mosque. He said, ’We were carrying one brick at a time but ‘Ammar carried two. The Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, saw him and brushed the dust from him, saying, “May Allah have mercy on ‘Ammar! An unjust party will kill him while he is calling them to the Garden and they are calling him to the Fire.” Ammar said, ‘I seek refuge with Allah from tribulation’.”(Volume 1, Book 8, Number 438)
15.  Foretelling the lifespan of Sahaba(Raziallahu anhum): ’Abdullah ibn ‘Umar(Razi Allahu anhu) said:  “The Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, prayed the ‘Isha’ prayer with us in the last days of his life. After the salam, he stood up and said, ‘Do you see yourselves this night? Nobody who is on the face of the earth [this night] will still be alive after a hundred years.'”( Volume 1, Book 3, Number116)
16. Foretelling the status of iman at the time of death: Narrated by Sahl bin Sad As Saidi(Razi Allahu anhu): Allah’s Apostle (and his army) encountered the pagans and the two armies fought and then Allah’s Apostle returned to his army camps and the others (i.e. the enemy) returned to their army camps. Amongst the companions of the Prophet there was a man who could not help pursuing any single isolated pagan to strike him with his sword. Somebody said, “None has benefited the Muslims today more than so and so.” On that Allah’s Apostle said, “He is from the people of the Hell-Fire certainly.” A man amongst the people (i.e. Muslims) said, “I will accompany him (to know the fact).” So he went along with him, and whenever he stopped he stopped with him, and whenever he hastened, he hastened with him. The (brave) man then got wounded severely, and seeking to die at once, he planted his sword into the ground and put its point against his chest in between his breasts, and then threw himself on it and committed suicide. On that the person (who was accompanying the deceased all the time) came to Allah’s Apostle and said, “I testify that you are the Apostle of Allah.” The Prophet said, “Why is that (what makes you say so)?” He said “It is concerning the man whom you have already mentioned as one of the dwellers of the Hell-Fire. The people were surprised by your statement, and I said to them, “I will try to find out the truth about him for you.” So I went out after him and he was then inflicted with a severe wound and because of that, he hurried to bring death upon himself by planting the handle of his sword into the ground and directing its tip towards his chest between his breasts, and then he threw himself over it and committed suicide.” Allah’s Apostle then said, “A man may do what seems to the people as the deeds of the dwellers of Paradise but he is from the dwellers of the HellFire and another may do what seem to the people as the deeds of the dwellers of the Hell-Fire, but he is from the dwellers of Paradise.”(Volume 5, Book 59, Number 514)
17. Aware of deeds: Narrated by Abu Huraira(Razi Allahu anhu): When we conquered Khaibar, we gained neither gold nor silver as booty, but we gained cows, camels, goods and gardens. Then we departed with Allah’s Apostle to the valley of AlQira, and at that time Allah’s Apostle had a slave called Mid’am who had been presented to him by one of Banu AdDibbab. While the slave was dismounting the saddle of Allah’s Apostle an arrow,  the  thrower of which was unknown, came and hit him. The people said, “Congratulations to him for the martyrdom.” Allah’s Apostle said, “No, by Him in Whose Hand my soul is, the sheet (of cloth) which he had taken (illegally) on the day of Khaibar from the booty before the distribution of the booty, has become a flame of Fire burning him.” On hearing that, a man brought one or two leather straps of shoes to the Prophet and said, “These are things I took (illegally).” On that Allah’s Apostle said, “This is a strap, or these are two straps of Fire.”(Volume 5, Book 59, Number 541)
18. Foretelling events: Narrated Khalid bin Madan (Razi Allahu anhu): That ‘Umair bin AlAswad AlAnasi told him that he went to ‘Ubada bin AsSamit while he was staying in his house at the seashore of Hims with (his wife) Um Haram. ‘Umair said. UmHaram informed us that she heard the Prophet saying,”Paradise is granted to the first batch of my followers who will undertake a naval expedition.” Um Haram added, I said, ‘O Allah’s Apostle! Will I be amongst them?’ He replied, ‘You are amongst them.’ The Prophet then said, ‘The first army amongst my followers who will invade Caesar’s City will be forgiven their sins.’ I asked, ‘Will I be one of them, O Allah’s Apostle?’ He replied in the negative.” (Volume 4, Book 52, Number 175)
19. Foretelling Martyrdom: Narrated Anas bin Malik (Razi Allahu anhu): The Prophet once climbed the mountain of Uhud with AbuBakr, ‘Umar and ‘Uthman. The mountain shook with them. The Prophet said (to the mountain), “Be firm, O Uhud! For on you there are no more than a Prophet, a Siddiq and two martyrs. (Volume 5, Book 57, Number 24)
20. Belief of sahaba (as seen in their poetry, praising Prophet Muhammad (sal Allahu alayhi wasallam): Narrated Abu Huraira (Razi Allahu anhu) that once Allah’s Apostle (p.b.u.h) said, “Your brother, i.e.’Abdullah bin Rawaha does not say obscene (referring to his verses): Amongst us is Allah’s Apostle, who recites His Book when it dawns. He showed us the guidance, after we were blind. We believe that whatever he says will come true. And he spends his nights in such a way as his sides do not touch his bed. While the  pagans were deeply asleep.” (Volume 2, Book 21,Number 254)
21. Aware of hidden objects: Narrated by ‘Ali (Razi allahu anhu) Allah’s Apostle sent me, Abu Marthad and AzZubair, and all of us were riding horses, and said, “Go till you reach RaudatKhakh where there is a pagan woman carrying a letter from Hatib bin Abi Balta’a to the pagans of Mecca.”  So we found her riding her camel at the place which Allah’s Apostle had mentioned.  We said (to her), ”(Give us) the letter.” She said, “I have no letter.” Then we made her camel kneel down and we searched her, but we found no letter. Then we said, “Allah’s Apostle had not told us a lie, certainly. Take out the letter, otherwise we will strip you naked.” When she saw that we were determined, she put her hand below her waist belt, for she had tied her cloak round her waist, and she took out the letter, and we brought her to Allah’s Apostle.  Then ‘Umar said,”O Allah’s Apostle! (This Hatib) has betrayed Allah, His Apostle and the believers! Let me cut off his neck!” The Prophet asked Hatib, “What made you do this?” Hatib said, “By Allah, I did not intend to give up my belief in Allah and His Apostle but I wanted to have some influence among the (Mecca) people so that through it, Allah might protect my family and property. There is none of your companions but has some of his relatives there through whom Allah protects his family and property.” The Prophet said, “He has spoken the truth; do no say to him but good.”  ‘Umar said, “He has betrayed Allah, His Apostle and the faithful believers. Let me cut off his neck!” The Prophet said, ”Is he not one of the Badr warriors? May be Allah looked at the Badr warriors and said, ‘Do whatever you like, as I have granted Paradise to you, or said, ‘I have forgiven you.”‘ On this, tears came out of Umar’s eyes, and he said, “Allah and His Apostle know better.”(Volume 5, Book 59, Number 319)
22. Seeing the  events of makkah from madinah: Narrated by Abu Huraira (Razi allahu anhu):  Allah’s Apostle sent a Sariya of ten men as spies under the leadership of ‘Asim bin Thabit alAnsari, the grandfather of ’Asim bin Umar AlKhattab. They proceeded till they reached Hadaa, a place between ‘Usfan, and Mecca, and their news reached a branch of the tribe of Hudhail called Bani Lihyan.  About two hundred men, who were all archers, hurried to follow their tracks till they found the place where they had eaten dates they had brought with them from Medina. They said, “These are the dates of Yathrib (i.e. Medina),“ and continued following their tracks.  When ‘Asim and his companions saw their pursuers, they went up a high place and the infidels circled them. The infidels said to them, “Come down and surrender, and we promise and guarantee you that we will not kill any one of you.”  ‘Asim bin Thabit; the leader of the Sariya said, “By Allah! I will not come down to be under the protection of infidels. O Allah! Convey our news to Your Prophet. Then the infidels threw arrows at them till they martyred ‘Asim along with six other men, and three men came down accepting their promise and convention, and they were Khubaib alAnsari and Ibn Dathina and another man.  So, when the infidels captured them, they undid the strings of their bows and tied them. Then the third (of the captives) said, “This is the first betrayal. By Allah! I will not go with you. No doubt these, namely the martyred, have set a good example to us.” So, they dragged him and tried to compel him to accompany them, but as he refused, they killed him. They took Khubaib and Ibn Dathina with them and sold them (as slaves) in Mecca (and all that took place) after the battle of Badr.  Khubaib was bought by the sons of AlHarith bin ‘Amir bin Naufal bin ‘Abd Manaf. It was Khubaib who had killed AlHarith bin ‘Amir on the day (of the battle of) Badr. So, Khubaib remained a prisoner with those people.  Narrated AzZuhri: ‘Ubaidullah bin ‘Iyyad said that the daughter of AlHarith had told him, “When those people gathered (to kill Khubaib) he borrowed a razor from me to shave his pubes and I gave it to him. Then he took a son of mine while I was unaware when he came upon him. I saw him placing my son on his thigh and the razor was in his hand. I got scared so much that Khubaib noticed the agitation on my face and said, ‘Are you afraid that I will kill him? No, I will never do so. ’ By Allah, I never saw a prisoner better than Khubaib. By Allah, one day I saw him eating of a bunch of grapes in his hand while he was chained in irons, and there was no fruit at that time in Mecca.” The daughter of AlHarith used to say, “It was a boon Allah bestowed upon Khubaib. ”When they took him out of the Sanctuary (of Mecca) to kill him outside its boundaries, Khubaib requested them to let him offer two Rakat (prayer). They allowed him and he offered Two Rakat and then said, “Hadn’t I been afraid that you would think that I was afraid (of being killed), I would have prolonged the prayer. O Allah, kill them all with no exception.” (He then recited the poetic verse): “I being martyred as a Muslim, Do not mind how I am killed in Allah’s Cause, For my killing is for Allah’s Sake, And if Allah wishes, He will bless the amputated parts of a torn body” Then the son of Al Harith killed him. So, it was Khubaib who set the tradition for any Muslim sentenced to death in captivity, to offer a two Rak’at prayer (before being killed). Allah fulfilled the invocation of Asim bin Thabit on that very day on which he was martyred. The Prophet informed his companions of their news and what had happened to them. Later on when some infidels from Quraish were informed that Asim had been killed, they sent some people to fetch a part of his body (i.e. his head) by which he would be recognized. (That was because) ‘Asim had killed one of their chiefs on the day (of the battle) of Badr. So, a swarm of wasps, resembling a shady cloud, were sent to hover over Asim and protect him from their messenger and thus they could not cut off anything from his flesh.(Volume 4, Book 52, Number 281)
23. Knowledge of the Future: Narrated by Sulaiman bin Surd (Razi allahu anhu): On the day of AlAhzab (i.e. clans) the Prophet said, (After this battle) we will go to attack them (i.e. the infidels) and they will not come to attack us again”(Volume 5, Book 59, Number 435).
24. Knowledge of hidden objects and the sender of food: Narrated by Anas bin Malik(Razi allahu anhu): Abu Talha said to Um Sulaim, “I have noticed feebleness in the voice of Allah’s Apostle which I think, is caused by hunger. Have you got any food?” She said, “Yes.” She brought out someloaves of barley and took out a veil belonging to her, and wrapped the bread in part of it and put it under my arm and wrapped part of the veil round me and sent me to Allah’s Apostle. I went carrying it and found Allah’s Apostle in the Mosque sitting with some people. When I stood there,Allah's Apostle asked, “Has Abu Talha sent you?” I said, “Yes”. He asked,”With some food? I said, “Yes” Allah’s Apostle then said to the men around him, “Get up!” He set out (accompanied by them) and I went ahead of them till I reached Abu Talha and told him (of the Prophet’s visit). Abu Talha said, “O Um Sulaim! Allah’s Apostle is coming with the people and we have no food to feed them.” She said, “Allah and His Apostle know better.” So Abu Talha went out to receive Allah’s Apostle. Allah’s Apostle came along with Abu Talha. Allah’s Apostle said, “O Um Sulaim! Bring whatever you have.” She brought the bread which Allah’s Apostle ordered to be broken into pieces. Um Sulaim poured on them some butter from an oilskin. Then Allah’s Apostle recited what Allah wished him to recite, and then said, “Let ten persons come (to share the meal).” Ten persons were admitted, ate their fill and went out. Then he again said, “Let another ten do the same.” They were admitted, ate their fill and went out. Then he again said, ‘Let another ten persons (do the same.)' They were admitted, ate their fill and went out. Then he said, “Let another ten persons come.” In short, all of them ate their fill, and they were seventy or eighty men. (Volume 4, Book 56, Number 778)
25.  Knowledge of the future: Narrated by ‘Adi bin Hatim (Razi allahu anhu): While I was in the city of the Prophet, a man came and complained to him (the Prophet) of destitution and poverty. Then another man came and complained of robbery (by highwaymen). The Prophet said, “Adi! Have you been to AlHira?” I said, “I haven’t been to it, but I was informed about it.” He said, “If you should live for a long time, you will certainly see that a lady in a Howdah traveling from AlHira will (safely reach Mecca and) perform the Tawaf of the Ka’ba, fearing none but Allah.” I said to myself, “What will happen to the robbers of the tribe of Tai who have spread evil throughout the country?” The Prophet further said. “If you should live long, the treasures of Khosrau will be opened (and taken as spoils).” I asked, “You mean Khosrau, son of Hurmuz?” He said, “Khosrau, son of Hurmuz; and if you should live long, you will see that one will carry a handful of gold or silver and go out looking for a person to accept it from him, but will find none to accept it from him. And any of you, when meeting Allah, will meet Him without needing an interpreter between him and Allah to interpret for him, and Allah will say to him: ‘Didn’t I send a messenger to teach you?’ He will say: ‘Yes.’ Allah will say:’Didn’t I give you wealth and do you favors?’ He will say: ‘Yes.’Then he will look to his right and see nothing but Hell, and look to his left and see nothing but Hell.” ‘Adi further said: I heard the Prophet saying, “Save yourself from the (Hell)Fire even with half a date (to be given in charity) and if you do not find a half date, then with a good pleasant word.” ‘Adi added:(later on) I saw a lady in a Howdah traveling from AlHira till she performed the Tawaf of the Ka’ba, fearing none but Allah. And I was one of those who opened (conquered) the treasures of Khosrau, son of Hurmuz. If you should live long, you will see what the Prophet AbulQasim had said: ‘A person will come out with a handful of gold…etc.(Volume 4, Book 56, Number793)
26.  Foretelling victory and Good deeds of Sahaba: Narrated by Abu Huraira(Razi allahu anhu) Allah’s Apostle said, “When Khosrau perishes, there will be no (more) Khosrau after him, and when Caesar perishes, there wil lbe no more Caesar after him. By Him in Whose Hands Muhammad’s life is, you will spend the treasures of both of them in Allah’s Cause.” (Volume 4, Book 56, Number 815)
27.  Knowledge of the future:  Narrated by Jabir(Razi allahu anhu)(Once) the Prophet said, “Have you got carpets?” I replied,”Whence can we get carpets?” He said, “But you shall soon have carpets.” I used to say to my wife, “Remove your carpets from my sight,” but she would say, “Didn’t the Prophet tell you that you would soon have carpets?” So I would give up my request.(Volume 4, Book 56, Number 825 )
28.  Foretelling accomplishments of Hazrat Hasan (Raziallahu anhu): Narrated by Abu Bakra(Razi allahu anhu): Once the Prophet brought out AlHasan and took him up the pulpit along with him and said, “This son of mine is a Saiyid (i.e.chief) and I believe that Allah will help him bring about reconciliation between two Muslim groups.”(Volume 4, Book 56, Number 823)
29. Informing about the end of world: Narrated by Abu Huraira (Razi Allahu anhu): The Prophet said, “The Hour will not be established till there is a war between two groups among whom there will be a great number of casualties, though the claims (or religion) of both of them will be one and the same. And the Hour will not be established till there appear about thirty liars, all of whom will be claiming to be the messengers of Allah.” (Volume 4, Book 56, Number 806)
30.  Sahaba foretelling events of the future:  Narrated by Hudhaifa (Razi Allahu anhu): Once ‘Umar bin AlKhattab said:  “Who amongst you remembers the statement of Allah’s Apostle regarding the afflictions?” Hudhaifa replied, “I remember what he said exactly.”  ‘Umar said. “Tell (us), you are really a daring man!”  Hudhaifa said, “Allah’s Apostle said, ‘A man’s afflictions (i.e.wrong deeds) concerning his relation to his family, his property and his neighbors are expiated by his prayers, giving in charity and enjoining what is good and forbidding what is evil.’ ”  ‘Umar said, “I don’t mean these afflictions but the afflictions that will be heaving up and down like waves of the sea.”  Hudhaifa replied, “O chief of the believers! You need not fear those (afflictions) as there is a closed door between you and them.” ‘Umar asked, “Will that door be opened or broken?” Hudhaifa replied, “No, it will be broken.”  ‘Umar said, “Then it is very likely that the door will not be closed again.” Later on the people asked Hudhaifa, “Did ‘Umar know what that door meant?” He said. “Yes, ‘Umar knew it as everyone knows that there will be night before the tomorrow morning. I narrated to ‘Umar an authentic narration, not lies. ”We dared not ask Hudhaifa; therefore we requested Masruq who asked him, “What does the door stand for?” He said, “Umar.”( Volume 4, Book 56, Number 786)
31. Sahabi foretelling his martyrdom a day before battle of Uhud: Narrated by Jabir (Razi Allahu anhu):  When the time of the Battle of Uhud approached, my father called me at night and said, “I think that I will be the first amongst the companions of the Prophet to be martyred. I do not leave anyone after me dearer to me than you, except Allah’s Apostle’s soul and I owe some debt and you should repay it and treat your sisters favorably (nicely and politely).” So in the morning he was the first to be martyred and was buried along with another (martyr). I did not like to leave him with the other(martyr) so I took him out of the grave after six months of his burial and he was in the same condition as he was on the day of burial, except a slight change near his ear.(Volume 2, Book 23,Number 434)
32. Hazrat Abu Huraira foretelling events of future with precision: Narrated by Said AlUmawi(Razi Allahu anhu): I was with Marwan and Abu Huraira and heard Abu Huraira saying, “I heard the trustworthy, truly inspired one (i.e. theProphet ) saying, ‘The destruction of my followers will be brought about by the hands of some youngsters from Quraish.” Marwan asked, “Youngsters?” Abu Huraira said, “If you wish, I would name them: They are the children of so and so and the children of so and so.”(Volume 4, Book 56, Number 802)
33. Details about the Hour (End of the world): Narrated by Abu Huraira(Razi Allahu anhu): The Prophet said, “The Hour will not be established till you fight with the Khudh and the Kirman from among the non-Arabs. They will be of red faces, flat noses and small eyes; their faces will look like flat shields, and their shoes will be of hair.”(Volume 4, Book 56, Number 788)
34. Foretelling the Afflictions of future: Narrated AzZubair bin ‘Adi (Razi Allahu anhu): We went to Anas bin Malik and complained about the wrong we were suffering at the hand of AlHajjaj. Anas bin Malik said, “Be patient till you meet your Lord, for no time will come upon you but the time following it will be worse than it. I heard that from the Prophet.”( Volume 9, Book 88, Number 188)
35. Narrating events of the future: Narrated by ‘Abdullah bin ‘Umar(Razi Allahu anhu): I heard Allah’s Apostle saying, “The Jews will fight with you,and you will be given victory over them so that a stone will say,’O Muslim! There is a Jew behind me; kill him!’ “( Volume 4,Book 56, Number 791)
36. Foretelling victory:  Narrated by Abu Said AlKhudri(Razi Allahu anhu): The Prophet said, “A time will come when the people will wage holy war, and it will be asked, ‘Is there any amongst you who has enjoyed the company of Allah’s Apostle?’ They will say:’Yes.’ And then victory will be bestowed upon them. They will wage holy war again, and it will be asked: ‘Is there any among you who has enjoyed the company of the companions of Allah’s Apostle ?’ They will say: ‘Yes.’ And then victory will be bestowed on them.”(Volume 4, Book 56, Number 792)
37. Knowledge Of the future: Narrated ‘Abdullah and Abu Musa (Razi allahu anhu): The Prophet said, “Near the establishment of the Hour there will be days during which Religious ignorance will spread, knowledge will be taken away (vanish) and there will be much AlHarj, and AlHarj means killing.”(Volume 9, Book 88, Number184)
38.  Informing about emergence of misguided people: Narrated by Abu Said AlKhudri(Razi allahu anhu): While we were with Allah’s Apostle who was distributing (i.e.some property), there came Dhul Khuwaisira, a man from the tribe of Bani Tamim and said, “O Allah’s Apostle! Do Justice.” The Prophet said, “Woe to you! Who could do justice if I did not? I would be a desperate loser if I did not do justice.” ‘Umar said, “O Allah’s Apostle! Allow me to chop his head off.” The Prophet said, “Leave him, for he has companions who pray and fast in such a way that you will consider your fasting negligible in comparison to theirs. They recite Qur’an but it does not go beyond their throats (i.e. they do not act on it) and they will desert Islam as an arrow goes through a victim’s body, so that the hunter, on looking at the arrow’s blade, would see nothing on it; he would look at its Risaf and see nothing: he would look at its Na,di and see nothing, and he would look at its Qudhadh (1 ) and see nothing (neither meat nor blood), for the arrow has been too fast even for the blood and excretions to smear. The sign by which they will be recognized is that among them there will be a black man, one of whose arms will resemble a woman’s breast or a lump of meat moving loosely. Those people will appear when there will be differences amongst the people.” I testify that I heard this narration from Allah’s Apostle and I testify that ‘Ali bin Abi Talib fought with such people, and I was in his company. He ordered that the man (described by the Prophet ) should be looked for. The man was brought and I looked at him and noticed that he looked exactly as the Prophet had described him.  (Volume 4, Book 56, Number 807)
39. Informing about the emergence of Head of Satan from Najd: Narrated Ibn ‘Umar (Razi allahu anhu): The Prophet said, “O Allah! Bestow Your blessings on our Shaam! O Allah! Bestow Your blessings on our Yemen.” The People said, “And also on our Najd.” He said, “O Allah! Bestow aYour blessings on our Shaam (north)! O Allah! Bestow Your blessings on our Yemen.” The people said, “O Allah’s Apostle!And also on our Najd.” I think the third time the Prophet said,”There (in Najd) is the place of earthquakes and afflictions and from there comes out the side of the head of Satan.”    (Volume 9,Book 88, Number 214)
40. Informing about the last man to jannah:  Narrated Abu Huraira (Razi Allahu anhu): On the Day of Resurrection, people will be gathered and He will order the people to follow what they used to worship. So some of them will follow the sun, some will follow the moon, and some will follow other deities; and only this nation(Muslims) will be left with its hypocrites. Allah will come to them and say, ‘I am Your Lord.’ They will say, ‘We shall stay in this place till our Lord comes to us and when our Lord will come, we will recognize Him. Then Allah will come to them again and say, ‘I am your Lord.’ They will say, ‘You are our Lord.’ Allah will call them, and AsSirat (a bridge) will be laid across Hell and I (Muhammad) shall be the first amongst the Apostles to cross it with my followers. Nobody except the Apostles will then be able to speak and they will be saying then,’O Allah! Save us. O Allah Save us.’ There will be hooks like the thorns of Sa’dan in Hell. Have you seen the thorns of Sa’dan?”The people said, “Yes.” He said, “These hooks will be like the thorns of Sa’dan but nobody except Allah knows their greatness in size and these will entangle the people according to their deeds; some of them will fall and stay in Hell forever; others will receive punishment (torn into small pieces) and will get out of Hell, till when Allah intends mercy on whomever He likes amongst the people of Hell, He will order the angels to take out of Hell those who worshipped none but Him alone.The angels will take them out by recognizing them from the traces of prostrations, for Allah has forbidden the (Hell) fire to eat away those traces. So they will come out of the Fire, it will eat away from the whole of the human body except the marks of the prostrations. At that time they will come out of the Fire as mere skeletons. The Water of Life will be poured on them and as a result they will grow like the seeds growing on the bank of flowing water. Then when Allah had finished from the Judgments amongst his creations, one man will be left between Hell and paradise and he will be the last man from the people of Hell to enter paradise. He will be facing Hell, and will say, ‘O Allah! Turn my face from the fire as its wind has dried me and its steam has burnt me.’ Allah will ask him, “Will you ask for anything more in case this favor is granted to you?’ He will say,”No by Your (Honor) Power!” And he will give to his Lord (Allah) what he will of the pledges and the covenants. Allah will then turn his face from the Fire. When he will face Paradise and will see its charm, he will remain quiet as long as Allah will. He then will say, ‘O my Lord! Let me go to the gate of paradise.’ Allah will ask him, ‘Didn’t you give pledges and make covenants (to the effect) that you would not ask for anything more than what you requested at first?’ He will say, ‘O my Lord! Do not make me the most wretched, amongst Your creatures.’ Allah will say, ‘If this request is granted, will you then ask for anything else?’ He will say, ‘No! By Your Power! I shall not ask for anything else.’ Then he will give to his Lord what He will of the pledges and the covenants. Allah will then let him go to the gate of Paradise. On reaching then and seeing its life, charm, and pleasure, he will remain quiet as long as Allah wills and then will say, ‘O my Lord ! Let me enter paradise.’ Allah will say, May Allah be merciful unto you, O son of Adam! How treacherous you are! Haven’t you made covenants and given pledges that you will not ask for anything more than what you have been given?’ He will say, ‘O my Lord! Do not make me the most wretched amongst Your creatures.’ So Allah will laugh and allow him to enter paradise and will ask him to request as much as he likes. He will do so till all his desires have been fulfilled . Then Allah will say, ‘Request more of such and such things.’ Allah will remind him and when all his desires and wishes have been fulfilled, Allah will say “All this is granted to you and a similar amount besides.” Abu SaidAlKhudri, said to Abu Huraira, ‘Allah’s Apostle said, “Allah said, ‘That is for you and ten times more like it.’ “Abu Huraira said, “I do not remember from Allah’s Apostle except (his saying), ‘All this is granted to you and a similar amount besides.” Abu Sahd said, “I heard him saying, ‘That is for you and ten times more the like of it.”  (Volume:1, Book 12, Hadith no. 770)

[The above 40 ahadith is from the Urdu work of Shaykhul Hadith Mufti Muhammad Abu Bakar Siddique – Courtesy: Radiance of Islam]

Continued in Part 4....

Nasir.

No comments:

Post a Comment